NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. Boxed Water Beach Cleanup Contest (the “Contest”) is a video entry contest that begins on 08/15/18 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time and ends on 10/31/18 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time (“Entry Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the lower (48) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age (19 years of age in Alabama or Nebraska, 21 years of age in Mississippi) or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, officers, and directors of Boxed Water is Better, LLC (“Sponsor”), and Ocean Blue Project, participating retailers, or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, partners, advertising, promotion, and other agencies (collectively, "Promotion Entities") and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all winners. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation. All Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules.
- PRIZES/ODDS: Three (3) winners will each be awarded a grand prize package which includes: 1. a one-day beach cleanup (“Cleanup”) hosted by Boxed Water and Ocean Blue Project; and 2. a three (3) month subscription of Boxed Water 500 mL 24-packs (“Boxed Water Prize”) with a retail value of up to $134.88. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Cleanup sites will be the beaches that were the subject of the winning Videos unless Sponsor in its sole discretion deems a subject beach to be impracticable as a Cleanup site for any reason including, but not limited to, lack of accessibility or regulatory restrictions. In the event Sponsor deems a winning Video subject beach to be impracticable as a Cleanup site, Sponsor will have sole discretion to select an alternative beach for the Cleanup site. Dates of Cleanups will be selected by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion but will be selected in consideration of scheduling requests of each winner. All Cleanups must occur prior to June 1, 2019. Cleanup event start time and end time will be set by Ocean Blue Project. Sponsor and Ocean Blue Project will coordinate Cleanup logistics including, but not limited to, volunteer coordination, site logistics, provision of Cleanup tools (gloves, receptacles, etc.), and provision of refreshments for volunteers. Sponsor will bear the cost of shipping the Boxed Water Prize to a postal address specified by each winner within the lower (48) United States and District of Columbia. Sponsor is unable to ship Boxed Water Prize to any P.O Box address. Any applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize (including, without limitation, income taxes) are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Create an original Video: Create an original video submission for entrance (“Video”) explaining “why you love your beach”. Videos must discuss a beach located in the lower (48) United States and District of Columbia. Videos should be in the mp4 file format. Video must be the Entrant’s original work. Modification or inclusion of a previously published work of the Entrant or any other person or entity shall not be considered an original work. Video shall not portray themes which are (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory, illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing. Sponsor reserves right in its sole discretion to determine if any Video portrays a prohibited theme. Any videos portraying a prohibited theme will be disqualified. Video shall not mention, perform, depict, or include any material that violates or infringes another’s rights including, but not limited to, material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Videos must not include third party trademarks (other than those of Sponsor, although there is no requirement to depict Sponsor trademark in the video and judging will not be based on the inclusion of a Sponsor trademark or any other reference to Sponsor), logos, insignia, photographs, artwork, sculptures, or music. Entrant warrants that any music included in Video is available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis. Video shall not include any third parties who have not expressly authorized Entrant to display their image, likeness, and voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Submit Video either via specified social media platform or email to Sponsor:
- Social Media Post Entry Method: Entrant may complete entry by posting Video to one or more of Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter1 during the Entry Period. Entry post caption must include the text “#BetterPlanet”.
- Email Entry Method: Entrant may complete entry by sending an email with Video attached to the email address email@example.com during the Entry Period. The email should have the subject line “Beach Cleanup Contest”.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted, or garbled entries, which will be disqualified or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, or electronic. Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. Sponsor assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Only fully completed entries are eligible.
Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. All entries in excess of this limit will be deemed void.
SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: From November 1, 2018, through approximately November 15, 2018, Sponsor will view all entrance Videos and select three (3) potential grand prize winners in its sole and absolute discretion based on the following criteria: quality, message, geography, and community response. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry Sponsor believes does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. Subject to verification as described below and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Contest.
Potential grand prize winners will be notified on or around November 15, 2018, by text, email, phone and/or mail, using the publicly available contact information associated with the social media platform account Video was posted to for entry and/or the email address that transmitted the Video to Sponsor for entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if a confirmation text message/email should so indicate, unless and until the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified, and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Verification of Entrant’s eligibility shall include Entrant’s agreement to and execution of Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release. Sponsor will not accept screenshots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its verification process. Entrant will be deemed to be the rightful owner of the: 1) social media platform account used to post the Video for entry; or 2) email used to transmit the Video to firstname.lastname@example.org for entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, Sponsor has absolute authority and discretion to determine the rightful owner of the social media platform account or email address used for entry.
The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. Winners shall not be permitted to transfer, assign, or substitute a prize. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. To obtain the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2018, to Boxed Water “Beach Cleanup Contest”, 201 Monroe Ave. NW, Suite 200, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions, or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of approximate equal value. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Boxed Water, Ocean Blue Project, participating retail stores and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, assignees and their respective agents and agencies (“Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation or attempted participation in the Contest or receipt of, use of, or participation in any prize. All Entrants and verified winners release and agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability out of acceptance, possession, use, or misuses of prize, or participation in this Contest or the Cleanups. Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession, use, and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest or any prize-related activities. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR AND OCEAN BLUE PROJECT(WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE ENTRANT’S VIDEO, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE/PROVINCE/TERRITORY) FOR ANY PURPOSE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER’S NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. Entrant will retain copyright in the Video, but each Entrant grants to Sponsor and Ocean Blue Project a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit, or disseminate the Video in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in the Video with respect to any use by Sponsor, its agents, assignees, or Ocean Blue Project. Sponsor, Sponsor’s agents, assignees, and Ocean Blue Project shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use Video in any way and in any media for any purpose including, but not limited to, trade, advertising, promotion, and any other commercial purpose without further notice, consideration, or approval of Entrant or any third party. Entrant is responsible for all fees incurred through their participation in the Contest.
By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the in administration of the Contest. Entrant agrees that Entrant will remove their Video from any social media platform, immediately, but in no event longer than 24 hours from the request of Sponsor if Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, deems the Video remaining on the social media platform would reflect unfavorably upon Sponsor or Ocean Blue Project.
The interpretation of these Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan. Any and all disputes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, in the appropriate courts in Kent County, Michigan exclusively. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Michigan and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Michigan.
- LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Any attempted form of entry into the Contest, other than the entry methods stated, is prohibited. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, wireless phone connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture or entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict an Entrant’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s phone or Mobile Device, or other matter relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in the Contest. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest; and award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received from all methods combined up to the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Promotion Entities reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor is not responsible in any manner for any remarks posted by the public pertaining to an entrant or Video. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor reserves he right to edit or otherwise alter each Video for any reason including, but not limited to, in order to incorporate or append Sponsor’s logo, for creative reasons, or for technical reasons.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Entrant represents and warrants their entry (and Sponsor’s, Sponsor’s agents’, and Ocean Blue Project’s use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in the Video. To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in a Video, Entrant represents and warrants that the minor’s parents or guardians consented to the minor’s appearance in the Video and the Video’s entrance in the Contest, including all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
- PRIVACY: Information Entrants provide to Sponsor will be used to communicate with Entrants in relation to this promotion as well as to contact Entrants at a later date with respect to products or services which the Sponsor believes may be of interest to them.
- SPONSOR: This promotion is sponsored by Boxed Water is Better, LLC (www.boxedwaterisbetter.com). Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time for any reason.
1TWITTER is a trademark of Twitter, Inc. or its affiliates.