If you haven’t jumped on the overnight oats train, consider this your invitation aboard. Unlike the boring oatmeal with lumpy raisins that your mom made you eat when you were a kid, overnight oats are a cold, quick, nutritious breakfast option that’s great for busy meetings on the go. Simply add oats, your choice of milk and fixings (fruits, butters, nuts, etc.) to a mason jar and pop it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you’ll have a refreshing and delicious breakfast.
We’re definitely feeling the #fallvibes and wanted to share one of our favorite overnight oats recipes to celebrate the flavors of the season. Overnight oats paired with a Boxed Water is the perfect way to start your day healthy and energized.
Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- ½ cup of oats (steel cut, rolled or old-fashioned)
- ½ cup of milk (cow, soy or nut milks all work great)
- 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (if you don’t have any, substitute for ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of ginger and nutmeg)
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a mason jar, cover and let rest in the fridge overnight. Right before eating, add the honey or syrup to your liking.