View our full life-cycle study of premium packaged water: Boxed Water, Single-use plastic bottles and aluminum cans. A study done by Anthesis, commissioned by Boxed Water Is Better
This study is consistent with the international standards for LCA: ISO 14040:2006 and ISO 14044:2006 and follows the required four-stage iterative process to the right.
LIFE CYCLE IMPACT
ASSESSMENT (LCIA) METHOD
TRACI v2.1 mid-point environmental impact categories used in this study comprised the following:
- TRACI 2.1, Ozone Depletion Air in g CFC 11 eq;
- TRACI 2.1, Global Warming Air (g CO2eq);
- TRACI 2.1, Smog Air in kg of ground-level ozone equivalent (g O3eq);
- TRACI 2.1, Acidification Potential in g SO2eq;
- TRACI 2.1, Eutrophication Potential in g N eq; and
- TRACI 2.1, Resources, Fossil Fuels in MJ surplus energy.
Both characterized and normalized mid-point results were generated:
- Characterized: Individual impact categories shown. Reference unit used –most important contributor (e.g. g CO2eq).
- Normalized: Converts to same unit: US per person equivalents. Gives an idea of the impact’s magnitude.